Our Specialist Musculoskeletal Podiatrists use OPTOGAIT to analyse running, walking, jumping and squatting movements in order to identify dysfunctional movement patterns and issues that may be contributing to your injury. Where appropriate, OPTOGAIT is utilised in our Initial Musculoskeletal Consultation with Video Gait Analysis.
The benefits of OPTOGAIT video gait analysis include:
- Synchronisation of 2D video footage with infra red signals to produce a detailed gait report highlighting areas of concern that may be contributing to your pain.
- Objective measurement of pre and post treatment effects so that you can see how you are improving.
- Pre screening to identify your potential of developing injuries so that your Musculoskeletal Podiatrist can give you injury prevention advice.
- OPTOGAIT has a Biofeedback function so that your Musculoskeletal Podiatrist can give you real time gait retraining to improve your walking and running gait.
- Can be used to compare footwear e.g. running trainers and review the prescription of any prescription orthoses/insoles to ensure you are receiving optimal benefit.